Registro de Videos

Video Log in Español! (Logs will be sent home in Friday folders. Upon completion of a log, students will bring me the completed and I give them an empty log.)

It’s not a reading log, it’s a video log! Los estudiantes are moving fast y furioso through our Spanish units. However, I want to encourage students to bring the language and culture into their homes. The whole month of March is going to kick off with friendly class competition. March 1st-March 31st. Each grade level is going to be challenged to listen to as much Spanish content as possible. All grade levels are participating from grades K-5th. Whichever grade level has the highest percentage of view time per student, wins a classroom party with a pelicula y popsicles!

Each time your student watches Spanish content, they need to record it in the log and have it signed by an adult. The content that is viewed can ONLY be in Spanish! NO ENGLISH. The videos are allowed to have English subtitles, however the audio MUST be in Spanish.

What can my student watch? Try their favorite tv shows! Disney Latino, Nickelodeon Latino, Animal Planet Latino or Discovery Latino are all available online. Also, be sure to check out your local libraries! Often times, movies you already have in your homes can have the audio switched to Spanish.

Some students have asked if music counts toward content. Absolutely, however only one listen per song will count toward total time. No repeat songs or videos will qualify. Try playing some Spanish radio in your car on the commute to school!

Bookmark the permalink.