Capitals of Central & South America

Happy Hispanic Heritage Month!

Let’s play & learn about the world! We are kicking off the beginning of the year learning all about the geography and cultures of the different Spanish speaking countries.

Learning about other countries is invaluable! We will be engaging in brain-engaging geography games to test their knowledge about Central and South American Countries, Capitals, Flags and landscapes. I am also adding cultural greetings and different accents based on the various regions.

Geography is a focus within the curriculum for understanding and resolving issues about the environment and sustainable development. It is also an important link between the natural and social sciences. As pupils study geography, they encounter different societies and cultures.

We will be expanding this lesson throughout the month and I anticipate a lot of cultural realizations and similarities among the many students at Quest!

Why learn geography in Spanish class?
To understand the geography of past times and how geography has played important roles in the evolution of people, their ideas, places and environments. To develop a mental map of your community, province or territory, country and the world so that you can understand the “where” of places and events.

I am attaching the 2 songs I use in class for memorization purposes below:

Bookmark the permalink.