¿Qué tal?

I have had several students ask that I post the link for the Día de los Muertos video that I showed in class.

In 1st grade we have been hard at work learning the countries and capitals. Just last week we finished up learning about the corresponding geography as well. Your students should have brought home a detailed map of Latin America.

After all of their diligent work they earned a movie about ¨Ballenas!¨ Of course it was in Spanish but it was fun to watch their faces light up when they heard words they recognized.

2nd and 3rd just finished up taking all of their quizzes and we are moving onto new topics! We will be exploring time and beginning to look conjugating the word ESTAR.

In 4th grade we had a very extensive unit on Latin America and they are ready to master some new material! We are have already begun working on our Día de los Muertos video. They are using the interrogative words that they have learned in class and are combining their cultural knowledge to create a mystery video. All work will be done in class. Students are allowed to bring in any supplies or materials they need.

5th grade has just finished learning how to tell time and we are moving full speed ahead! Up next includes present tense conjugations of regular -AR verbs!

Since Día de los Muertos is on the 1st and 2nd of November I am going to be sending home permission slips for students to use face paint. During class we are going to watch parts of the movie, ¨Book of Life¨ and we will be face painting calaveras. Please have those permission slips sent in by the Friday before the fiesta.

Thank you for allowing me to teach your students, it is truly a pleasure!
calavera-mexicana-tatuaje-46

Bookmark the permalink.